Orange & Poppy Seed Cake Gluten & Sugar Free Recipe
Here’s another great recipe idea for you that takes our Vanilla Cake Mix and infuses zesty orange and poppy seeds to really make it ‘pop’!
Orange and poppyseed cake is a timeless favourite. This one is super easy using one packet of our Vanilla Cake Mix and you’ll need to buy a few extras…. including orange zest, orange juice, four eggs, poppy seeds and some cream cheese and butter for the frosting. Trust me, the extra shop will be worth it!
What do you need?
4 large eggs
1 orange zest
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 140°c (with fan) or 160°c (without fan).
- Grease a 18cm/7inch round tin and line with baking paper.
- Place the eggs in a large bowl and beat with an electric beater on high speed for 4 minutes until light and fluffy. Use a whisk to fold the packet mix, juice, zest and poppy seeds into the eggs.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool in tin for 15 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to completely cool.
- Place icing mix, cream cheese, butter and zest in a bowl and use an electric beater to combine the on low speed for 30 seconds and then high speed for 1 minute. Spread over the cooled cake.
- Share your creation! Take a pic and upload to Facebook or Instagram and don’t forget to tag @180cakesau.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Hi, I'm Kara!
Creator of 180 Cakes. My love of baking started in 2005 when I started my Chef Apprenticeship. // READ MORE
JOIN THE MAILING LIST
Join my mailing list to be the first to receive new recipes, some health tips and more about my Keto journey.